I wanted to write a quick post updating the latest happenings as the school year begins, and we march on towards Fall and before we know it, the holiday season!
Over the past couple of months, I’ve been diligently building out some infrastructure for providing the long awaited update to my Cloudy Logic iOS app. I realize that I’m the only person waiting for this update, but hey, that still counts!
Since switching to an Android phone late last year, I’ve been eager to get an update out for the app, and to finally write something for the Google Play store. Because the first version of the app had pretty much everything hard-coded into the app itself, one of the goals this time around was to separate that out into some type of RESTful API, so that the app would basically be “current” without requiring a new version in the App Store or on Google Play.
Next up was to write a set of Java classes that would expose the API, and provide the building blocks for the Android version of the app. I just finished the first version of that a few days ago, and of course, the source code is available on GitHub right here.
I’ve also written a command line tester in Python, source code here, and another command line tester in Java, source code here.
I’m currently working on a Java Swing GUI that will run on the various desktop OS’es, and let me finish fleshing out the API in a more realistic environment, that is, more like what I’ll be using on Android and iOS.
Having a lot of fun with this, and can’t wait to get the new versions of the app out for both platforms. As I continue to make progress, I’ll keep the source over on my GitHub page, so keep checking there to see the latest on everything!
Thanks for stopping by!